One of the basic tasks of the Institute of Economics and Finance of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences is to conduct scientific research. Their implementation is carried out alone or in cooperation with scientific institutions from Poland and abroad.
- An important element of international scientific cooperation of the Institute of Economics and Finance (formerly the Faculty of Economic Sciences) of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW) is participation in European Union’s framework program projects. These are the most important mechanisms for financing and shaping research at the European level. The level of research carried out under these projects is very high, and the consortia carrying out them consist of the best units across Europe. The Institute’s employees have been participated in the implementation of the 6th and 7th Framework Program projects. Currently, scientific projects are implemented as part of European Union programs, e.g. Horizon 2020, ERA-NET, the COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) program.
- The Institute’s employees also implement projects financed from national sources such as the National Center for Research and Development, the National Science Center, and others.
- A number of scientific conferences and seminars are organized at the Institute, and employees and doctoral students actively participate in scientific seminars and conferences organized abroad. They are part of the program committees, chair plenary sessions as well as present papers and posters.
- The Institute offers scientific internships, among others under UNESCO, DAAD, CEEPUS, Fulbright Foundation, Norman E. Borlaug Fellowship, L. Kirkland Fund, Erasmus Mundus et al.
- The Institute’s employees sit on the program boards of several international scientific journals and are members of international organizations such as the EuropeanAssociation of AgriculturalEconomists (EAAE), the International Farm Management Association (IFMA), the International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE) and others.
- The Institute of Economics and Finance is developing activities carried out formerly by the Faculty of Economics in the field of international cooperation in international scientific networks. The Institute is one of the active members of INTERNATIONAL FORUM OF COOPERATION, which includes universities, faculties and economic and agricultural institutes from Poland, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Hungary. The Institute also actively participates in cooperation with the economic section of the ELLS network – Euroleague for Life Sciences.